In the center of the Basalt Tower, and iron lattice hangs over a shadowy abyss. Four massive chains at the corners of the grate lead upward into the darkness above as ominous, or more so than the one below.
The elevator slowly rises upward to the roof of the basalt tower. Our companions pass the time between defeating fiends by reflecting on our journey. Now would be a good time to do one last gear check.
- Dorn: This tower will crumble beneath the might of Il-Khan! Assuming we ever escape this infernal shaft…
- Safana: Nowhere to go but up? That would make for a pleasant change of pace.
- Minsc: My toes are hungry. They need more evil butts to kick!
- Dynaheir: I hope thou art not delivering us unto our doom…
- Glint: Are we there yet? Come on, COME ON…Cloakshadow’s cloak’s shadow…I am SO BORED…
- Jaheira: Soon we will see an end to all this.
- Khalid: I almost d-don’t want this ride to end. B-because I don’t see it ending w-w-well.
- Corwin: Everyone stay alert. We don’t know what we’re heading into.
- Neera: FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THE GODS, I’m tired of feeling helpless.
- M’Khiin: Floor’s moving. Floors shouldn’t move.
- Return from Avernus
- Disturbing Implications