Editor’s Note: A quick note, once we exit this area and go up into the Dragonspear Castle Basement we can trigger plot-advancing events that may prevent us from completing quests or accessing areas available up until this point.
Slug in a Cage [The Dungeon Slug]
Just to the right of the entrance we see three captured ogres in cages. Slug is in the middle cage and we can free him if we choose by interacting with the cages.
- Find out that one of the ogres is Slug and gain his trust by telling him about our encounter with Murs
- [Mage / Sorc.] Offer a spell to strengthen Slug and his allies to prove our good intentions
- [Cha] Release Slug and the other two ogres
- Propose a deal with the ogres to let them out for their assistance against the crusaders
- Tell him to stay and rot in his cage or accept our help
- Slug will trick us and wander away with his buddies
- End the ogres!!!
- Slug (6000 xp)
- Ogre (2000 xp each)
Rhonda the Seamstress [Glint Gardnersonson]
Another one of Glint’s relatives, Rhonda Swiftfootsdottir, has been taken captive as a seamstress to repair crusader clothing.
- Without Glint in our party, we can tell Rhonda now would be a good time to escape (Nimblefinger Gloves)
- With Glint in our party, Rhonda will offer to help us with the ogres in charge of the lift to Dragonspear Castle Basement. This completes Glint’s quest to find his missing relatives, but we miss out on the Nimblefinger Gloves (unless we pickpocket them first 😉
Crusader Priest Polvi
Polvi can offer us priest services. We can also inquire about why he joined the crusade. If at any point we offend him the room turns hostile.
Einer & Betror
Two ogres control the lift going up to Dragonspear Castle. They say anyone who wants to go up requires Belban’s permission. However, it doesn’t take much to hitch a ride on the lift.
- Show them the Seal of Caelar
- [Cha] Tell them Belban said we could go up
- [Cha] Tell them you’d be happy not to thrash them for a ride up the lift
- Find them a bottle of wine
- Tell them I’M giving you permission (to take us up)
- Annoy them long enough and they will turn hostile, equip Einer’s gloves to climb up
- Einer (2000 xp, Gloves of Gripping)
- Betror (2000 xp)
When we return from the Dragonspear Castle Basement, the two ogres question what all the noise was about.
- [Low Rep] Just a disagreement, off we go…[High Rep] or mayhem
- [Low Rep] Deny any fight, mayhem ensues…[High Rep] or not
- Bring the mayhem!
- If we eliminated the two ogres…as you were…
- Coalition Camp
- Canyon Ambush
- Dead Man’s Pass
- Bloodbark Grove
- Dragonspear Castle Exterior
- Underground River Entrance
- Dead Man’s Pass Parlay
- Allied Siege Camp